The Platelet Research Laboratory has
wide experience in the study of basic mechanisms involved
in hemostasis and the pathogenesis of thrombosis and
bleeding disorders, as well as in the careful analysis
of congenital and acquired deficiencies of hemostasis,
and its correction through pharmacological and transfusional
strategies. The Platelet Research Laboratory has complete
equipment and well-trained staff.
Services available include:
- Studies on primary hemostasis and platelet function.
- Diagnosis of congenital and acquired disorders
of platelet function.
- Design of experimental and clinical protocols with
drugs affecting hemostasis and coagulation.
- Evaluation of hemostatic agents in models with circulating
- Evaluation of antiplatelet therapy in in vitro
thrombosis models with circulating human blood.
- Screening of antithrombotic drugs.
- Study of mechanisms of drugs affecting hemostasis.
- Analysis of blood-biocompatibility of prosthetic
- Assessment of interactions between elements of vascular
wall and circulating blood cells.
- Quality control of blood components. Search for
All the studies, tests and procedures that are carried
out at the Platelet Research Laboratory are strictly
regulated by the applicable national and international
Consultation, Technical and Scientific Advice services are also available.
Last update: Sep 19, 2016